- elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to
- grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about
- 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch down; divided into thirds. Roll each piece on a floured surface
- into a 10-in. x 6-in. oval. Brush with melted butter. Fold one long
- side over to within 1 in. of the opposite side. Press edges to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with melted butter. Cover and
- let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. For icing,
- combine confectioners' sugar and milk; spread over cooled bread.
- Decorate with almonds and fruit. Yield: 3 breads.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 172 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.