This sweet-tart lemonade is a traditional part of my Memorial Day and Fourth of July menus. Folks can't get enough of the fresh-squeezed flavor. —Tammi Simpson, Greensburg, Kentucky
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-3/4 cups lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, 1 cup water and lemon peel. Cook
- and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and remaining water. Pour
- into a pitcher and refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice. Yield:
- 2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 196 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.