Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Sodas
I keep the ingredients for these ice cream sodas on hand so I can enjoy a treat any time I want. You can easily make more when feeding a crowd.
Anna Erickson, Terrebonne, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups carbonated water, chilled
- 8 scoops chocolate ice cream (about 2-2/3 cups), divided
- Whipped cream in a can, optional
- Place 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup in each of four 16-oz. glasses.
- Add 1/4 cup milk and 1 cup carbonated water to each; stir until
- foamy. Add two scoops of ice cream to each glass. Top with whipped
- cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 ice cream soda equals 476 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.