Old-Fashioned Egg Salad
Here's a paired-down version of a long-time staple. You can also add a little cream cheese to the recipe for an extra-creamy sandwich if you'd like. —Linda Braun, American Egg Board, Park Ridge, Illinois
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, salt and
- pepper. Stir in eggs and celery. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 3
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without lettuce leaf or bread) equals 294 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 431 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.