Old-Fashioned Corn Pudding
It's amazing to know that this corn pudding originally appeared in a Kansas cookbook dated 1854! This time-tested recipe is wonderful, and I've served it often to my family and guests. It's also a recipe I've shared with many of my friends who've requested it.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) cream-style corn
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add butter, flour, sugar and salt; mix well.
- Stir in milk and corn. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 169 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.