Old-Fashioned Chocolate Soda
We enjoy making this old-fashioned soda fountain specialty at home. Besides being a favorite treat for my grandchildren, it's entertainment. They love to watch the magic of the soda foaming up as they urge me to add more and more whipped topping.
-Dawn Sams, Grayslake, Illinois
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream in a can
- 2-1/2 cups cold carbonated water
- 4 scoops ice cream of your choice
- Additional whipped cream, optional
- For each serving, place 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup in a 16-oz.
- glass. Stir in 1 tablespoon of whipped cream and 1-1/4 cups water
- until foamy. Add two scoops of ice cream. Top with additional
- whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 428 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.