- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in another large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese
- until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in
- confectioners' sugar. Add enough milk to achieve desired spreading
- consistency. Reserve 1/2 cup frosting for decorating if desired.
- Stir walnuts into remaining frosting.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If
- decorating the cake, tint 1/4 cup reserved frosting orange and 1/4
- cup green. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag;
- insert #7 round pastry tip. Fill the bag with orange frosting. Pipe
- twelve carrots on top of cake, so that each slice will have a
- carrot. Using #67 leaf pastry tip and the green frosting, pipe a
- leaf at the top of each carrot.
- Store cake in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 702 calories, 36 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 90 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.