Old-Fashioned Baked Ham
I can still see the table meticulously set for a country meal at our 150-year-old family farm, and I vividly recall the aroma of ham baking! Whenever I make a ham, I think of my momwho was, in my opinion, the best cook ever!
Rosemary Pryor, Pasadena, Maryland
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) DOLE® Pineapple Slices in 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 can (5 pounds) boneless fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Maraschino cherries
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set aside pineapple
- and reserved juice. Save remaining juice for another use. Place ham
- in a baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, cloves, vinegar
- and reserved pineapple juice. Score ham; place pineapple slices and
- cherries over ham; spoon glaze over top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°,
- basting occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer