Oh-So-Easy Tomato Cream Soup
“I like to make things that are quick, easy and tasty, and this soup is all three. If you're counting calories, substitute reduced-fat or fat-free cream cheese and milk.”
—Eileen Korecko, Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large saucepan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: about 1 cup equals 292 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.