Oatmeal Kiss Cookies
“This is a nice change from the usual peanut butter cookie,” notes Anna Mary Knier of Mount Joy, Pennsylvania. “Children really enjoy unwrapping the kisses,” she adds.
72 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 72 milk chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light
- and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and nuts. Roll into 1-in.
- balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Remove to wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 105 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium,