- fit a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the dates, sugar, water and lemon juice
- if desired; bring to a boil. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread over crust. Roll remaining dough to fit pan; place over
- filling and seal edges. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until
- crust is golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; spread over bars
- while warm. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 174 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.