Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Oatmeal Chip Cookies are a fun way to finish this meal. Susan Henry from Bullhead City, Arizona says, “My mom liked to add different spices to traditional recipes and create unexpected tastes. Molasses and cinnamon make these cookies stand out.”
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the molasses, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats,
- baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and
- mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield:
- about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 140 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium,