My daughter brought this recipe home from school one day, and we loved it. Since then, these pancakes have been a regular part of Sunday morning breakfast, served with maple syrup, flavored syrup or applesauce and a big helping of grits.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the
- eggs, milk, oil and lemon juice; add to dry ingredients and stir
- just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is
- golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (2 pancakes, prepared with skim milk) equals 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 skim milk, 1 fat; also, 241 calories, 581 mg sodium, 71 mg cholesterol, 25 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm protein, 12 gm fat.