Oat Cinnamon Rolls
Dried cranberries add holiday flair to these special rolls made from convenient frozen bread dough. "My husband loves marmalade, so when I spotted this recipe that used it as icing, I knew I had to try it," relates Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. "Now it's one of his favorites."
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in
- cranberries and butter; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-in. x 10-in.
- rectangle. Sprinkle with oat mixture. Roll up, jelly-roll style,
- starting with a long side; seal seam. Cut into 9 rolls. Place rolls,
- cut side up, in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Cover and let
- rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Brush with
- marmalade. Serve warm. Yield: 9 rolls.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 328 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.