O'Larry's Skillet Potatoes
My husband, Larry, uses all fresh ingredients when he prepares his famous O’Larry’s Skillet Potatoes. These zippy potatoes have colorful bits of red pepper.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until almost
- tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes, onion, red pepper, jerk
- seasoning and salt in oil until potatoes are golden brown and
- vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 10
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.