“I’ve been making this super-fast microwave dish for 20 years,“ shares Vicki Ruiz from Twin Falls, Idaho. “It couldn’t be easier or more delicious, and I always get compliments…even from people who don’t normally like fish!“
VICKI’S TIP. “Any leftovers make great salmon patties the next day. Simply add an egg and cracker crumbs to hold the salmon together, then fry in butter until both sides are
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- Place the almonds in a small microwave-safe bowl; add butter if
- desired. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until
- almonds are browned, stirring twice. Add the lemon juice, salt and
- Place the salmon in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish; top with
- almond mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 393 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.