These classic Christmas cookie has stood the test of time. The recipe makes a nice-sized batch, which gets you in and out of the kitchen.
Elsie Hendrickson, Hays, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine
- flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners’ sugar. Cool on wire racks.
- Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 cookies (calculated without additional confectioners' sugar) equals 187 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.