Nutty Citrus Candy
A friend shared the recipe for these refreshing tangy-sweet goodies. Whenever I need a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, I roll them out by the dozens.
96 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups ground walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, wafer crumbs, juice
- concentrate and butter. Shape into 3/4-in. balls, then roll in
- walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 53 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.