Nutty Caramel Clusters
Don't be fooled by the impressive presentation of these sweet candies. They're so easy to make, even our two young sons can help.
Charlyn Koistinen, Hayti, South Dakota
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 25 caramels
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the caramels, butter and
- milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until
- caramels are melted, stirring once. Stir in the almonds, peanuts and
- pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir
- until blended. Spoon over clusters. Refrigerate until set. Store in
- an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 161 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.