Nutty Caramel Apple Dip
Looking for a standout appetizer that could double as a dessert? Try this fast, no-fuss favorite that Darlene Brenden whips up for family and friends in Salem, Oregon. “It’s a fun change of pace for your munchies menu and an easy way to get folks to snack on apples instead of junk food,” Darlene points out.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 3 medium apples, sliced
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, apple butter, brown sugar and
- vanilla until combined. Stir in the peanuts. Serve with apple
- slices. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 tablespoons) equals 193 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.