- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sour
- cream, sugar, butter, eggs, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until
- smooth. Beat in remaining flour until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Transfer to a greased bowl, turning once the grease the top; cover
- and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each portion into a 14-in. x 12-in.
- rectangle. For nut filling, in a small bowl, combine the pecans,
- sugar, dates, milk and salt. In another bowl, beat egg white until
- stiff peaks form; fold into pecan mixture. Spread over one portion.
- Spread poppyseed filling over remaining dough; sprinkle with raisins
- and walnuts. Roll up each jelly-roll style, starting with a long
- side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam side down
- on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough water to achieve
- desired consistency; drizzle over breads. Yield: 2 loaves (14 slices
Nutrition Facts: Nut Filling: 1 slice equals 290 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Poppy Seed Filling: 1 slice equals 307 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.