Nut Cookie Fudge
I've been making this easy and delicious fudge for Christmas for the last 20 years. It's great to give as a gift. For variation, I sometimes add mint chips or extract. —Sherry Hamilton, Florissant, Missouri
64 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Line an 8-in. square dish with foil and grease the foil with butter;
- set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and milk over
- low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat;
- stir in cookie crumbs and nuts.
- Spread evenly into prepared dish. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or
- until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut
- fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the
- refrigerator. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 75 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.