- 375° for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, tap clams; discard any that do not close. Place in a large
- saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5-6 minutes or until clams open. Drain. Remove meat from
- clams; chop and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add the
- butter, onion, celery and shallot; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; cook
- and stir for 10 minutes or until browned (do not burn). Gradually
- add water and clam juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened.
- Cut corn from cobs. Stir the corn, potatoes, clam stock, parsley, bay
- leaf, salt, pepper and thyme into soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the scallops, shrimp and clams; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until
- shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Stir in cream; heat
- through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 476 calories, 33 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.