Noodles with Broccoli
I found a recipe for a noodle and broccoli side dish, then changed it to use what I had on hand and to make it faster. Wow, it is good!Janene Christensen, Eureka, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta or egg noodles
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add pasta and broccoli.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the pasta, broccoli, 1/4 cup cheese, salt
- and garlic powder in butter and oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 663 calories, 35 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,599 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.