- Stir in the cottage cheese, eggs, raisins, currants and candied peel
- mixture; form into a ball. Turn onto a floured surface; knead five
- times. Roll dough into a 10-in. x 8-in. oval. Fold a long side over
- to within 1 in. of opposite side; press edge lightly to seal.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; curve ends slightly. Melt remaining
- butter; brush over dough. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or
- until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners'
- sugar. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 195 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.