No-Knead Whole Wheat Rolls
Tender and moist, these easy whole wheat rolls boast a great herb flavor! Deborah Patrauchuk - Sicamous, British Columbia
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the remaining
- ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes (dough will be
- sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
- doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Stir dough down. Set aside 1/4 cup batter. Fill muffin cups coated
- with nonstick cooking spray half full. Top each with 1 teaspoon
- reserved batter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 8-12
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1
- minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 roll equals 139 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium,