No-Fuss Rice Pudding
"This quick rice pudding is yummy and so easy to make!" says Sheila Wilde of Welling, Alberta. She uses her microwave to prepare the creamy, lightly spiced pudding that gets a hint of sweetness from raisins.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine rice and egg white. Stir in
- the milk, sugar and raisins. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2
- minutes; stir. Microwave at 50% power for 7 minutes, stirring every
- 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and let stand
- for 15 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 306 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.