No-Fuss Meat Loaf
"Instant stuffing mix makes this nicely seasoned meat loaf simple enough for beginners to make," says Betty Braswell of Elgin, Pennsylvania. "I often combine the mixture in a resealable plastic bag instead of a bowl," she suggests. "Then I toss the bag for easy cleanup."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1hour 35 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant stuffing mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and water. Stir in stuffing mix and
- contents of seasoning packet. Crumble beef over mixture and mix
- Press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Top with ketchup.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until no
- pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 324 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.