No-Bake Strawberry Dessert
Convenience items such as store-bought angel food cake, frozen strawberries and instant pudding mix make preparing this refrigerated delight as simple as can be. I whip up this refreshing strawberry dessert all year round. It's particularly attractive when served in a glass dish. —Sherri Daniels, Clark, South Dakota
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups cold 1% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- Arrange cake cubes in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a
- bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries. Pour
- over cake and gently press cake down. Refrigerate until set, about 1
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spoon over gelatin layer. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate
- until serving. Garnish with chopped fresh strawberries if desired.
- Yield: 20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 92 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,