No-Bake Salted Pumpkin Seeds
Our editor, Jeff Nowak, came up with this fast and easy pumpkin seed recipe! Crunchy, with just right amount of salt, these are perfect for those busy sewing costumes or planning parties.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds with salt. Spread half of the
- seeds in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until seeds are crunchy and lightly
- browned, stirring after each minute. Repeat with remaining pumpkin
- seeds. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 71 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.