No-Bake Pineapple Cheese Pie
“My diabetic husband always liked the pineapple pie at a nearby restaurant, so I experimented making something similar but lighter," explains Shirley Miller of North Judson, Indiana. "Now, it's my most-requested dessert!
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry
- shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450°
- for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10
- minutes. Stir in pineapple. In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses
- until blended. Gradually beat in pineapple mixture. Fold in whipped
- topping. Spoon into pastry shell. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours
- or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 268 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.