No-Bake Fudgy Oat Cookies
These fuss-free cookies have stood the test of time. I got the recipe from my mother-in-law back in 1949...and my grown daughter asked me to share it with her so she could make them for Christmas!Elizabeth Hunter, Prosperity, South Carolina
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine oats and coconut; set aside. In a large
- saucepan, combine milk and butter. Stir in sugar and cocoa. Bring to
- a boil. Add oat mixture; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto waxed paper. Let
- stand until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 184 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.