No-Bake Cherry Dessert
“I adapted this recipe from one given to me by my first best friend, Sandy, in 1966,” said Judy Harris of McRae, Georgia. “I often made it for my children and now when they come home for a visit, they still love it. I shared this recipe with a local restaurant owner and he tweaked it for his menu.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1-1/4 cups cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter;
- press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until
- smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Top with pie
- filling. Chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 332 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.