Creamy and crunchy, this delightful dish is loaded with popular salad ingredients such as green pepper, green onions, frozen peas and bacon. It’s a colorful accompaniment to Mom’s spaghetti. —Anne Halfhill, Worthington, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup each chopped green pepper, celery and green onions
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a large salad bowl, layer the lettuce, spinach, green pepper,
- celery, green onions and peas. Spread with mayonnaise. Combine the
- cheeses; sprinkle cheeses and bacon over mayonnaise. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 418 calories, 38 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 847 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.