New Year's Eve Potatoes
I make this creamy mashed potato casserole in a 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. It's a terrific side dish for many entrees.
Antonia Witmayer, Las Vegas, Nevada
6 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until
- tender. Drain and place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the milk,
- butter and salt; mash until light and fluffy. Fold in the sour
- cream, ricotta cheese, egg and onions.
- Generously coat six muffin cups with cooking spray. Fill with potato
- mixture; smooth tops. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until
- edges are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes. Carefully run a knife
- around the edge of each muffin cup; invert onto a baking sheet or
- serving platter. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 136 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.