New Waldorf Salad
A nice blend of colorful fruits and nuts gives this refreshing salad a great flavor and tempting texture. "The citrusy topping dresses it up perfectly," notes Marie Engwall of Willmar, Minnesota. "It's hard to believe something so easy to fix can be this tasty and attractive."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium unpeeled red apple, chopped
- 1 medium unpeeled green apple, chopped
- 1 medium unpeeled pear, chopped
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pear, grapes, raisins and
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon and orange juices, honey
- and orange peel; pour over fruit mixture and stir to coat. Serve
- immediately in lettuce-lined bowls if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 193 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk,