- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, brown sugar, vanilla, salt
- and nutmeg. Stir in remaining butter and reserved raisin mixture.
- Gently stir in bread; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is
- Transfer to prepared dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch
- and salt; gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter
- and vanilla. Serve with bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece with 4 teaspoons sauce equals 350 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.