Never-Fail Egg Noodles
Some 30 years ago, the small church I attended held a chicken and noodles fund-raiser supper. I was put in charge of noodles for 200 people! A dear lady shared this recipe and said it had been tried and tested by countless cooks. These noodles are just plain good eating!
Kathryn Roach, Edgemont, Arkansas
11 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center.
- Beat egg, egg yolks and water; pour into well. Stir together,
- forming a dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10
- Divide into thirds. Roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut
- into 1/2-in. strips; cut the strips into 2-in. pieces. Place in
- boiling salted water or chicken broth; cover and cook for 7-9
- minutes or until tender.
- Drain; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: about 5-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 106 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.