Nectarine Chicken Salad
When guests are coming for lunch or dinner in the warm summer months, I like to serve this attractive, colorful salad. The dressing is refreshingly tart. A neighbor shared the recipe years ago and I've passed it on many times.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 5 medium ripe nectarines, thinly sliced
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lime juice, sugar,
- thyme, oil and garlic; shake well.
- On a serving platter, arrange salad greens, chicken and nectarines.
- Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 266 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.