Nectarine Blueberry Crumble
A peachy use of the season's bounty is Marilyn Schroeder's fruitful dessert. "I bring this juicy crumble to get-togethers of all kinds," she writes from Alexandria, Minnesota. "Crushed macaroons make a delightfully different topping for the blueberries and nectarines. For a special treat, serve it with low-fat frozen yogurt."
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2-1/2 pound ripe nectarines (about 8 large)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup crushed macaroons
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- Peel nectarines and remove pits; cut fruit into 1/2-in. slices. Place
- in a bowl; add the blueberries, sugar and nutmeg. Drizzle with lemon
- juice; toss lightly. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and egg white; mix well.
- Stir in macaroon crumbs and oats. Spoon over the fruit mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown
- and bubbly around the edges. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 195 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,