- portion, cherries to red portion and coconut and rum extract to
- white portion. Spread one portion into prepared pan. Bake at
- 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Immediately invert onto a wire rack and remove waxed paper. Place
- another wire rack on top and turn over. Cool completely. Repeat with
- remaining portions, preparing pan each time.
- Place pink layer on a large piece of plastic wrap, about 30 in. long.
- Spread with cherry preserves. Top with white layer and spread with
- apricot preserves. Top with green layer. Bring plastic over layers.
- Slide onto a baking sheet and set a cutting board on top to compress
- layers. Refrigerate overnight.
- With a sharp knife, trim 1/4 in. from each edge. Cut into bars. Store
- in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 bar equals 94 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.