My niece gave me this hearty recipe. It came from a Native American friend of hers in Eufaula, Oklahoma.Robin Wells, Tulsa, Oklahoma
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + rising Cook: 45 min.
- Allow dough to rise. Meanwhile, for filling, cook beef and sausage in
- a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco
- seasoning, beans and water. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until the water
- is almost evaporated; set aside.
- After dough rises, punch down. Make tortillas by dividing dough onto
- 10 to 12 equal balls. Using a small amount of flour, roll each ball
- into an 8-in. circle (tortillas should be thin).
- Fry each tortilla in 1/4-in. hot oil until golden brown, turning