Nantucket Cranberry Tart
While everyone is enjoying a bountiful meal, this eye-catching tart can be baking to perfection in the oven. Shared by Jackie Zack of Riverside, Connecticut, the pretty holiday dessert calls for very few ingredients, and it’s a snap to assemble.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, 1/2 cup sugar and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with a removable
- bottom. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, butter, extract and remaining sugar.
- Beat in flour just until moistened (batter will be thick). Spread
- evenly over berries.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with
- confectioners’ sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 255 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.