Nacho Rice Dip
Spanish rice mix adds an interesting twist to this effortless appetizer from Audra Hungate of Holt, Missouri. "Every time I serve this dip at get-togethers, my guests gobble it up," she writes.
64 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- In a large saucepan, cook rice mix in butter until golden brown. Stir
- in water and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Drain
- and add to the rice. Stir in the cheese, stewed tomatoes and cheese
- sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Keep warm. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 8 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 60 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.