Nacho Chicken & Rice
Simmer up a low-fat, delicious meal with just a few basic ingredients. Your family is sure to love this colorful medley with tender chicken and a zippy cheese sauce. Linda Foreman of Locust Grove, Oklahoma shares the recipe.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 each small green, sweet red and orange peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, peppers, soup, salsa and
- chili powder. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken
- is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup chicken mixture with 3/4 cup rice equals 360 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.