Nacho Cheese Twists
I like to serve these cheesy twists as an appetizer. But they would also pair well with a bowl of chili. Frozen puff pastry makes them easy to prepare.Tammy Miller, Largo, Florida
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, salsa and olives. Unfold one
- pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface; spread half of cheese
- mixture over half of pastry. Fold plain half over filling; press
- gently to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and cheese mixture. Cut each rectangle
- into twelve 3/4-in.-wide strips. Twist strips several times; place 2
- in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Combine egg and water; brush over twists. Lightly sprinkle with chili
- powder. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 twists equals 242 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.