Mustard-Glazed Pork Chops
"When I was a child, one of my girlfriends would occasionally invite me to dinner, and her mother made the most delicious barbecue sauce containing mustard. I finally asked for the recipe," writes Jeri-Lynn Sandusky of Georgetown, Texas.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, whisk the brown sugar, Dijon mustard, vinegar,
- molasses and ground mustard until blended. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Place pork chops in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Top with sauce; turn to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 18-22 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 258 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.