MY MOM was known as the best cook in the country. This delicious glaze was in her collection of handwritten recipes. I laminated the ones I use most often, and this favorite was included.
It's easy to prepare, and everyone seems to like ham made this way.
-Dorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
12-15 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (4 to 5 pounds)
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place ham in a shallow roasting pan; add water to pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, mustard and ginger. Brush
- some over the ham. Bake 1 hour longer or until a thermometer reads
- 140°, brushing occasionally with glaze. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 144 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,303 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.