OUR DAUGHTER sent us whole salmon for Christmas one year, so I searched the web and found this recipe. I have served this with a wild rice pilaf, and a green vegetable. With these colors, it makes a lovely presentation.
--Judy Wilson, Sun City West, Arizona
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar and mustards; cover and
- process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a
- steady stream.
- Place salmon, skin side down, in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread mustard mixture over fillets; gently press bread crumbs on
- top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 347 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.