Mustard Brussels Sprouts
Mustard boosts the green flavor of the sprouts in this versatile side dish. Great served with breaded chicken or pork chops. —Leah-Anne Schnapp, Grove City, Ohio
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. In a Dutch oven,
- bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts; cover and
- cook for 8-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute shallots in butter until
- tender. Add the cream, mustard, salt, tarragon and pepper. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until thickened. Drain sprouts; add cream
- mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 121 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.